“Maui Food Product to Market Contest” is looking for a new locally made food product that utilizes the most amount of locally grown products. Submissions must have commercial viability and Maui Food Technology Center (MFTC) will help that local entrepreneur take the product from idea to the store shelf.
How to enter?
• $10.00 Registration fee
• Four – six servings of product to be delivered between 9 am – 10 am on April 7 Drop off at the Grand Taste Education tent
• List of all ingredients in the recipe and specify the local ingredients
• Include a short story about your product
• 1st place – Receive assistance from MFTC consultants to complete project.
• 2nd place – Receive two hours of free consultation with Food Scientist and two free nutritional labels. ($300.00 value)
• 3rd place – One hour of free consultation with Food Scientist and one free nutritional label. ($150.00 value)
MFTC was formed as a non-profit, to offer food science services to local food product entrepreneurs. MFTC’s goal is to assist the growth of value-added food products thru Hawai‘i’s food industry, connecting students, food producers and farmers through the practice of food science. MFTC will help local chefs and entrepreneurs desiring to develop and market their own products MFTC can offer a wide range of services to residents, students and entrepreneurs from the target communities, including, but not limited to the following:
• Scientific Measurements of food quality: Chemical, microbial, physical sensory evaluation.
• Product & Process Development, including sourcing for: Ingredients, equipment, supplies, co-packers.
• Food Labeling: Nutrition facts panel, Ingredient statement, Allergen Declaration.